I’ve written previously in this blog about the success of TANDBERG’s Break Down the Walls social media portal. Tuesday night that success was officially recognized as Break Down the Walls took the prize for best corporate blog at the inaugural Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) social media awards.
TANDBERG wasn’t the only winning Strategic Communications Group client. Neustar took home the award for best use of viral videos. Full disclosure alert — while I consult on social media tactics with a number of business units inside Neustar, the viral video campaign was executed by the agency Apollo Bravo.
Some of the other winners underscored the overall strength of the Government 2.0 scene here in Washington. Other winners last night:
- Best use of Facebook — State Department
- Best use of LinkedIn — Army Contracting Command
- Social media campaign — Arlington County
Our client at TANDBERG Meredith Lawrence could not have been more gracious to Strategic when accepting the award. In fact, she insisted I take the stage with her. This doesn’t happen too often anymore. I had my time on the corporate spokesman side of things. My role as a PR consultant is to make the client the star, not garner attention for myself.
Plus, when you practice b2b and b2g PR your successes are often private. You know you’ve accomplished the project goals, and so does the client. But the success isn’t usually public knowledge, or trumpeted in Bisnow’s Fed Tech.
So it was much appreciated when Meredith credited the Strategic team for making Break Down the Walls so successful. Great work for great clients, as we like to say at Strategic.
There are a lot of talented communicators in the DC area, and a lot of good firms. The competition for business is fierce. As my colleague and partner Marc Hausman likes to quip, “Don’t expect a lot of thank yous in this business.” Which makes getting one all the more special.
Other stories you might like:
- Breaking Down Walls with TANDBERG Late last year, I wrote about the success TANDBERG was having with its public sector...
- Will the Internet Break Under Peak Load? An interesting survey came out of the telecom industry’s NXTComm show last week in Las...
- Take That Blog Down! — What Now? Last Friday I was busily knocking things off my to-do list when I got an...